Trail Ambassador Program
Promoting Positive Trail Experiences
The Big Sky Community Organization’s Trail Ambassador Program is a volunteer driven program of trail enthusiasts who contribute to the community trail system by providing educational opportunities and promoting the safe, responsible, and enjoyable use of trails. Trail Ambassadors provide a regular presence on the trails and educate users by hiking or biking the trails and hosting information booths at trailheads. Summer Trail Ambassadors will be present at the Ousel Falls Trail, Hummocks Trail, Uplands Trail and Ralph’s Pass from mid-June to mid-October. During winter months, December – March our Ambassadors focus on the extensive cross country ski and snowshoe trails in the meadow area through a partnership with Lone Mountain Ranch providing a comforting presence on the trails.
- Hiking Ambassadors
- Biking Ambassadors
- Maintenance Ambassadors
- Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe Ambassadors
Program goals include:
- Provide a high quality trail experience
- Provide trails outreach and education to the community
- Increase volunteer and staff presence on the trails and at trailheads
- Promote user safety and trail etiquette
- Monitor and improve trail conditions
- Reduce user conflict
2018 Trail Maintenance Days
- Saturday, June 23, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meet at the Uplands Trailhead.
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24, 2018, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Hummocks
- Additional dates to be announced soon!